Exceptional results once again this unusual year
Heartfelt congratulations to our students for their exceptional results in the IB Diploma. We are most proud of their accomplishments and wish them every success in their new academic life.
Our students’ results, particularly given this year’s unusual circumstances, reflect their disciplined efforts and sense of commitment to their goals during the last two years. They also reflect our IB DP teachers’ depth of knowledge and experience which led to exceptional coursework and accurate predictions.
Another important factor was the excellent historical and statistical data of the CGS IB Diploma Programme that the IBO had at its disposal. Accolades to our IB DP teachers for their vital role in this success!
An overview of our 2020 results:
- 100% of our students were awarded the IB Diploma (world average is 79%)
- The highest score achieved in the IB Diploma was 45 points out of 45! A score achieved by only 0.21% of candidates around the world.
- The average IB Diploma score at CGS is 36.5 points, significantly higher than this year’s world average at 29.9.
- 37% of our students achieved an overall score of 40 and above, where the world average is 9.4 %.
- 30% of our students were awarded 3 Bonus Points from their Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay, much higher than the world average of 9%.
- 96% of our students were admitted to their first choice university
Results and university admission as of 28.08.2020
|45||Computer Science||1||Imperial College London|
|44||Politics and International Relations||1||UCL|
|43||Mathematics||1||Imperial College London|
|43||Chemical Engineering w. Industrial Experience||1||University of Manchester|
|43||Physics||1||University of Edinburgh|
|41||Medical Biosciences||1||Imperial College London|
|41||Psychology||1||University of Bath|
|41||International Business w. Year in Industry||1||University of Kent|
|40||Sport and Exercise Science||1||University of Bath|
|40||Mechanical Engineering w. Industrial Experience||1||University of Manchester|
|38||English and European Law||1||Queen Mary University of London|
|38||Physiotherapy||1||Oxford Brookes University|
|38||Psychology||1||University of Kent|
|37||Mathematics and Economics||1||Fordham University|
|36||Law||1||University of Kent|
|36||Electrical and Electronic Engineering||1||University of Surrey|
|35||International Business||1||University of Kent|
|34||Psychology w. Placement Year||1||University of Kent|
|33||Graphic Design||1||De Monfort University|
|33||Computer Science||1||Royal Holloway, University of London|
|32||Computer Science||2||University of Dundee|
|32||Film Practice||1||University of the Arts London|
|30||Mechanical Engineering||1||Eindhoven University of Technology|
|29||Mechanical Engineering||1||University of Brighton|
|28||English Literature, Language and Linguistics||1||Oxford Brookes University|
|27||Tourism Studies||1||Tour Guide School, Ministry of Tourism|