Never give up on your horse
because your horse
would never give up on you
This year, weekly tailor-made horse-riding lessons suitable for primary and secondary school children commenced during the SMART extra-curricular activities offered in the afternoon. CGS offers the lessons in collaboration with the Tatoi Jockey Club.
According to psychologists, apart from the benefits to their physical health, horse-riding helps children immensely with their personal development.
More specifically, apart from learning the techniques of the sport, students:
- Train while simultaneously building up their strength
- Learn to balance on the horse and generally become familiar with the concept of balance
- Develop a sense of responsibility for the care of the horse and thus learn to function responsibly in other areas of their daily lives
- Boost their self-confidence
- Learn to set goals that they try to achieve by dint of concerted actions (e.g. jumping fences)
- Familiarize themselves with the concept of risk by learning to respond flexibly to the unpredictable
For all afore-mentioned reasons, horseback riding is a unique opportunity for children to cultivate aspects of their personality as well as to train by significantly improving their physical condition.
Their coach, Iris Androvich, is a former gold, silver and bronze world champion medallist, who has been a member of the Hellenic Equestrian Federation Dressage and in recent years she has been working exclusively on training riders as well as horses at its facilities in Pallini. In 2004, she attended a coaching school held in cooperation with the General Secretariat of Sports during which she received the C class diploma for horse riding instructors.
Don’t follow your dreams
For more information, please contact the Smart department on 210 6030411-18