Clubs are a unique opportunity for our students to engage in disciplines and topics that either align with their interests or identify and highlight their particular aptitudes.
Within this framework, the clubs have been designed with the following goals:
- to facilitate the student in discovering and developing the required skills to form an all-round personality,
- to encourage participation in national and international competitions and conferences,
- to enrich the pupil’s profile and contribute to his / her subsequent academic and professional career.
Each academic year, the Clubs, including the School Teams, operate within the regular school timetable throughout the year. For the academic year 2018-2019, the clubs will run every Wednesday during the 7th and 8th periods.
Students are invited to choose from clubs that are included in 8 subject groups:
- Language Acquisition
- Language and Literature
- Individuals and Society
- Design (Computer Science and Technology)
- Physical and Health Education
Clarifications for participation:
The student chooses 3 options in order of preference. Since each student can attend only one club every year *, the goal is for him/her to join his/her first choice. Where this is not feasible, he/she will join his/her 2nd choice and will be informed accordingly. In any case, the Principal, in consultation with the student’s family, approves of the final choice.
A student who wishes to participate in the trials for the School Teams (the final team is announced for each sport after a series of trials) must declare the School Team as his/her 1st choice. If he wishes to try out for another sport, he/she should declare it as his/her 2nd choice in order of preference. Each student will be informed if he/she has been selected for the School Team by the PHE department of the school.
* If the principal determines that a student’s participation in another club is a priority compared to his/her participation in the School Team, they and their parents will be informed by the school in due course.